Postpartum Weight Loss


Hi people,

It's been a minute here. I don't want to promise to do better but seriously, I should do better. It's been a very busy couple of months - blame it on being a Ph.D. candidate, mummy and wife (whew). 

I've been struggling with my weight post baby number 2 and I kind of know what's responsible. Apart from my love for food ( a constant by the way), breastfeeding seemed to make me hungrier and resulted in me eating more. Baby Tee is almost 9 months old now and he's started on solids for a few months. This means he doesn't get as much breastmilk as he used to in the earlier months. This equals my excess food not been let out through the milk and just storing up in my body. What is the point of this epistle you may wonder, well, I want to put it out there that I am trying to control my portions and include some regular gym time to my schedule. Putting it out there may increase my commitment to going the whole 9 yards. 

To be fair to me, I have in the past month enjoyed 45mins of Zumba classes twice every week. But is that enough you might ask. I don't know as I do not see any difference yet. So I guess I'm just going to keep enjoying my classes while I control my portions and maybe add some more gym time to my schedule. So keep me accountable guys!

Please let me know in the comment section if you have been able to lose weight without any strict dietary restrictions.

Image credit: molumen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pregnancy shaming or just our imagination?

Finding a PhD supervisor

What has a PhD got to do with love?