Ayamase aka Ofada stew

Late weekend post by Bibiana - You could try it for dinner sometime this week. Enjoy.
So mama Fera, my fellow food lover, asked me to write a recipe for Ayamase aka Ofada stew aka Nigeria Designer stew (I wonder who came up with that name) after she saw the picture of the food. I don't know how to write a recipe because I no dey measure at all. Na mix and match something, cooking is not that serious (well to me). 


So here goes the recipe - Ingredients include:
Green bell peppers 
Scotch bonnet 
Iru (locust bean) 
Palm oil 
Kpomo (cow skin)  
Tripe 
Goat meat 
Crayfish 
Dry fish 
Onion 
Egg


The meat was seasoned with all them medem medem.  The meat has to be chopped into bits o (highly necessary)

I boiled the Kpomo and Tripe together (takes longer) added the goat meat later.

Blended the green bell pepper with onion and ginger

I boiled the blended pepper to reduce the water.

I bleached the palm oil for like 10minutes; basically is just heating that palm oil till it changes color from red to a light brown.

Very important, biko allow the bleached palm oil to cool down preferably switch that heat source unless na fire.

To the bleached oil, fry the chopped onions and scotch bonnet and iru and then the boiled blended pepper. (Fry them well o).

Add the cooked diced meat and the stock. I tend to taste at this point to gauge how to season the stew, I season with Cameroon pepper and crayfish and other seasonings sparingly.

Allow the content of the pot to cook till the oil floats.

Add boiled egg

I had mine with long grain rice as I no get Ofada.

Yup, that was it.


Yours truly
Toddler Bibiana's kitchen 😜😜😜

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding a PhD supervisor

Let's All Speak Pidgin Languages

What has a PhD got to do with love?