Coding and the Swift Playground

A few of my friends can testify to how technology averse I was a couple of years ago . As a lover of Science, you would expect that computer and technology should be my thing but it wasn't.  I sometimes find it difficult to believe that I have grown to  become a lover of technology but maybe being married to a tech junkie had an effect. But tell me who wouldn't fall in love with technology with all the developments that are daily influencing our world. Whether we agree to join the train or not, technology has come to stay and it only keeps getting better. 

I recently saw the launch of the iOS 10 at the WWDC 2016 and I couldn't stop wondering how cool and attractive science and technology is. It's amazing how much can be done on your devices now compared to just a few years ago. Something that particularly caught my attention is the Swift playground- a new free app designed to teach kids to code. I think this isn't just for kids but also beginners to coding. It uses game-like experiences to teaching coding in a step-by-step process using the swift language. Swift is the programming language that underpins every iOS app. Tim Cook describes Swift playground as a way to revolutionize how people learn to code. I think this will be a lot of fun and something to introduce the kids to as well.

For an amateur bioinformatician learning to use codes to make sense of my biological information, I can say nothing is as difficult as we think it is - especially technology. If you have the slightest interest in making apps that create a solution, you might want to download the Swift playground later in the fall when iOS 10 is released.

Check out the video attached and have a fun-filled weekend. 
Photo credit: engadget.com




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finding a PhD supervisor

Let's All Speak Pidgin Languages

What has a PhD got to do with love?